1. When was the Georgia Department of Juvenile Justice created?
2. Briefly describe the Mission, Vision and Core Values of the Georgia Department of Juvenile Justice?
3. Who is the current Commissioner of GA Dept. of Juvenile Justice? Where is the office located?
4. The Georgia Department of Juvenile Justice has “A Board”. How many individuals make up the Board? What does the Board establish pursuant to O.C.G.A 49-4A-2? What is the objective of the board? What additional role do the board members play?
5. According to the website, how many people does DJJ employ? How many youths does DJJ serve annually?
6. According to the Georgia Department of Juvenile Justice website, what is the definition of an “unruly child”? (Hint: See Resource Library)
7. Which DJJ Office serves your county?
8. What are the four goals of the GA DJJ?
9. What are the duties and responsibilities of a Juvenile Correctional Officer I? What is the hiring pay range and minimum qualifications?
10. What was the GA DJJ’s annual operating budget for fiscal year 2012? What area was the majority of the funds spent? (See Resource Library – DJJ Statistics)
11. In 2011, what was the Intake total for Admissions Statewide? (See Resource Library – DJJ Statistics - Statewide - Snapshot)
12. In 2011, what offense were most juveniles admitted (intake) to RYDC (Statewide)? (See Resource Library – DJJ Statistics – Statewide – Descriptive – Admissions)
13. What does RYDC stand for and how many are there in the state of Georgia?
14. What is the purpose of the RYDC?
15. What does YDC stand for? How many are there in the State of Georgia? What is the purpose of an YDC?
16. In the May 11, 2011 Press Release, Governor Deal signed the “Good Behavior Bill”. What is the “Good Behavior Bill”?
17. List five designated felony acts for a juvenile to be committed. What is the minimum – maximum time the juvenile can be committed in a Youth Development...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document