Unit 1 Assessment
You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a USB drive ·
Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly ·
When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference ·
Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 13 pages and is made up of 5 Sections.
Name: Nicola McQueen
Organisation: Which organisation(s) are you basing your answers to this assessment on? If you are currently working, you may wish to base it on the organisation which employs you. Blockbuster
Can you provide a brief description of this organisation? (Please note you will not be marked on this; it is simply to provide your tutor with a brief outline.)
Section 1 – Understand the factors that affect an organisation and the customer service role
1. Complete the table below with a description of the products and services for at least two commercial organisations, public organisations and third sector organisations.
Please ensure you provide a description for each organisation, rather than a list.
2. Complete the table below by describing the differences in customer service between commercial, public and third sector organisations. You should outline customer service roles in each organisation and highlight the differences in how customer service is carried out across these organisations.
3. In relation to your current organisation (or one that you are familiar with), outline the part that customer service plays in this organisation and its industry as a whole.
4. Who are the major competitors to your current organisation (or one that you are familiar with)?
5. Identify at least two factors that could affect the reputation of your current organisation (or one that you are familiar with).
Section 2 – Understand employee rights, responsibilities and organisational procedures
1. Use the table below to give details of employer and employee rights and responsibilities under employment law and the importance of having these (consider the importance to the organisation, employees and customers, where relevant). You should include at least two employer rights / responsibilities and at least two employee rights / responsibilities in your answer.
2. Give details of employer and employee rights and responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act. You should include at least two employer rights / responsibilities and at least two employee rights / responsibilities in your answer.
3. In relation to your current organisation (or one that you are familiar with), describe the organisation’s procedures for health and safety and any relevant documentation that is used.
If possible, provide relevant health and safety policies / documents from the organisation to support your answer. These documents should be annotated to highlight the relevant sections.
4. Outline how the Disability Discrimination Act relates to employment.
5. In addition to the information provided in the questions above, identify the other key legislation that specifically relates to your chosen organisation and its industry as a whole.
6. Describe the procedures followed by your chosen organisation in relation to equality and diversity. Your answer should include details of any monitoring that takes place and documentation used to support this monitoring.
Section 3 – Understand career pathways within...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document